Thursday, January 21, 2010

I think I just added myself as a follower, and I can't figure out how to take myself off. It's not that I'm so egotistical that I'm following myself, it's that I'm an idiot.

Anyway, as long as I'm procrastinating here I wanted to post some gems from my core course notebook. A few were recorded today, while others are from last semester:

Dr. Ryan: You can't just take a human baby and eat it and see if it gives you cancer. (The best part about this one is it actually made sense in context.)

(While taking a quiz)
Chad: I'll just grade this myself...zeeeeero.
(General laughter)
(Several minutes of scribbling pass)
Ammon: (loudly) Hey, I found a dollar!
(General hilarity)

Dr. Liebold (pointing at a graph): So, you could put a predator smiley over here, and a prey...sad face, over here.

Also Dr. Liebold: Think of mathematicians as a tool. Like a computer. Just check 'em out from somewhere if you need one. Ok, ok, you might have to buy 'em beer.

From my notes, written in the margin next to the phrase "Evolution stabilizing force?": "Good name for band."

Woo, grad school, just a barrel of laughs right?

No comments:

Post a Comment