Saturday, February 27, 2010

STUART VS. DEVON: STEEL CAGE MATCH OVER HEALTH CARE!

I'll let them elaborate.

Background: if you click over to my Facebook profile here, you'll see that the fourth-most-recent item that I posted has sparked a rather lengthy discussion. I've offered this as a more appropriate forum.

As for my own opinion, I will no doubt write more but for now, it is worth saying that I am in two majorities; those who want health care reform, and those who disapprove of the current bill. I support its passage only because it remains better than nothing at all.

"To be sure, Americans seem close to evenly divided on the question of whether the proposal goes too far or not far enough. But the latter category outnumbers the former, suggesting that the desire that reform be more ambitious is a key factor driving dissatisfaction with Obama — even though that possibility is rarely discussed by the big news orgs or by top-shelf pundits."
-from here

2 comments:

  1. Devon, I think it's your turn. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... We should start this discussion again.

    Somehow in the changeover from facebook to the blogosphere I lost my way. Then again, it may have been seminar papers, too; I'm not sure. Either way, both problems are now solved.

    I couldn't find the original posts on Patrick's facebook wall (facebook has poor archiving features, as there's no way to do a full search for my name as it appears on Patrick's fb page). Where exactly was the conversation? And what were we arguing over again?

    ReplyDelete